Friday, January 26, 2007

Have you ever experienced an injury or had something bad creep into your life and wondered, “How did I attract that?”.

Well, it happened to me not long ago. I fell down a flight of stairs, seriously injuring my shoulder and back. It resulted in my having surgery and three screws later, and a lot of sutures, the surgeon reattached my bicep tendon and repaired two tears in the rotator cuff of my shoulder. I was perplexed for several weeks as to how/why this had come into my life.

Prior to surgery, I was filled with anxiety. Not about the procedure but about how I would manage the house, take care of my client’s needs, cook, etc., not to mention dressing and managing myself since I would be unable to use my dominant arm for eight weeks. I was always the one in the family to care for others - even if I was ill or injured myself. I felt it would be a selfish thing to do if I were to stop and let others fill in. After all, I had a husband, a home, and a business to manage.

It was my mentor coach who helped me discover the "magnet" that brought this event into my life. I had been dealing with an extremely emotional family issue for the previous 2 ½ years. It was tormenting me day and night. I was battling depression. Since it was so unpleasant and had been going on for so long, I did not feel comfortable talking to anyone about the situation and frankly felt no one wanted to hear that it was still continuing. My mentor coach helped me see that deep within me had been a need for someone to give me attention, to nurture me and help me. She helped me understand that I had to give myself permission to let go and let others manage things. I had to allow myself to take time off and heal. It was okay.

Allowing others to help was such a simple thing to do but yet so difficult for me. Once I had made the decision to allow myself to take time off, I immediately felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off me. I told my husband about my decision and was surprised that he agreed and was actually looking forward to helping and caring for me. He was glad I had “come to my senses” and would let him do this for me.

After having surgery I was amazed at the love and tenderness that poured out to me. It was something that I sorely needed and it felt wonderful.

That accident was such a blessing. It showed me how important it is to allow others to give assistance. That it was actually a selfish thing for me to do by NOT allowing them in the past. The experience has not only made me a better wife, mother and person, but it has also made me a much more effective coach.

If you have had something you didn’t want or feel you couldn’t have possibly attracted into your life and don’t know why it manifested in the first place, try talking with a law of attraction coach. You will be amazed at what you will discover. I know I was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home